Boredom: Quarantine Edition

What started out as allergies turned out to be something more lethal and contagious. I'm grateful that everyone in the family has been vaccinated - but to lessen the risk of those more prone to further illness, I had to be quarantined. 

Luckily this was also the perfect time for me to organize my closet and make sense of all the doodads I currently have. Now, to be clear, my husband and I are lucky to have 2 closets; the one shown here is the one in the tatami room which serves as our bedroom while the other closet located in another room is a much larger one to store all our off-season clothing. I also pared down my items for this season so I get to wear more of the items I am currently fond of. For this summer, it's all about soft silks and linens in jewel tones and some neutral colors for balance. I thank the lovely thrift shops of Japan (Shimokita), the Philippines (Makati, Cubao, and Palawan), and Australia that I was able to find lovely pieces I get to enjoy wearing during the humid months. Aside from good finds, a lot of my belongings have been gifted to me by friends and family - the green fisherman pants (which are ridiculously soft and comfortable) were given to me by my sister-in-law, while the woven rattan bags were sent by my father a few months ago.

Finally, I was able to build the LEGO flower bouquet that I have been meaning to do for so long! 
While it did look entertaining and satisfying to do, having had to record the process was a teensy bit infuriating. Either I look for another type of media I would stick to doing, or learn to practice more patience.

Keep safe!
















Comments

Popular Posts