Katsuura Morning Market

 


Starting off with this colorful array of flowers since the rest will be focusing on fish, crowds, and overexposed shots of interesting things. How do I get a hold of you? What desperate act should I do to make you stay? Nothing. You somehow ended up here and so I welcome you on the ways I document our travels. The first few sentences are part of the preview but what else can I do. 




After a restful slumber and a heavy breakfast from the paid-for buffet, off we went to the morning market. Now, we rarely buy fresh seafood in bulk but the hotel did give us 4000JPY worth of coupons to be spent on souvenirs and food available in the area so here we are. 




Ryo ended up buying a large fish to be later divided into different types of dishes for dinner. 
We still had 2000JPY after and went looking around for other things to spend on. 

And when I say things, I mean food items. 
Those make for a practical and meaningful gift, yes?

Meanwhile here are more shots of the marketplace during our morning walk.















Instead of shooting what I wore, I list it down instead:

Waterproof sunscreen UV50++++
a linen button-down shirt from my late father-in-law
 shorts I bought from Eastwood Uniqlo back when Ryo and I were just friends
along with my brother-in-law's folding Raybans, 
I felt protected and comfortable under the summer heat.  

I take lots of photos but not of myself. Let me be. And now, we move on.

A bonus. This coffee house is a beaut.





Ended our trip to Katsuura by learning we cannot use the coupons in the grocery-chain Beisia and hypothesizing I might have left the Apple pencil in the living room area of our hotel room. We drove back to the hotel which only took us 10 minutes, found the Apple pencil, and were able to spend all the coupons at the souvenir shop. The coupons were expiring on the same day, that's why. 

No photos at that point - sometimes it's just nice to take things in.

All shots were taken on the bright humid day before 12nn June 19, 2022.































Comments

Popular Posts